Tuesday, March 04, 2008

layouts

CHA 2008 has just ended not too long ago and I haven't bought any new releases as yet. Nothing really caught my eye so far. But some brands, my personal favorites that never fails to disappoint are Hambly, AC, Heidi Swapp, Fontwerks, Jenni Bowlin. Some others include the latest lines 'Get Happy' and 'Cogsmo' by Cosmo Cricket, some Cherry Arte. I also read about ChatterBox who is making a comeback in the scrapbooking industry. I'm looking forward to see some of their new products. Esp the flocked papers. I thought their Filigree papers are looking a bit KI-ish.

For now, I am working towards the 'old is new' motto. Trying and hoping to use my older stash and making them look 'new' still! :P

The Vintage Journaling Set, labelers, Bent Arrow Journal Spot, 'Venue' (love that font) are stamps from Purple Onion Designs - another personal favorite!





Thinking back, first day of school was a blend of excitement, anxiety and curiosity for all kids and we, parents as well. It is also a momentous occasion that marks the beginning of our little ones learning journey that will never end. Big Missy did really great on her first day of school and I was glad all went well from then till now, into her 3rd month. She was so excited over a recent excursion organized by the kindy to McDonald's kitchen & West Coast Park. You could tell the excitement on her face when she passed me the consent form! Haa which kid doesn't like McDonald's huh? :D





Not usually a purple fan but the birthday girl loves purple. The one and only piece of purple linen I found in my fabric stash. So here's a little handmade present for little E who just turned 4!




Oh when L told me about the latest release for Nikon D60, I almost forgotten that owning a digital SLR is on my wish list lol. Anyhow, it has been a really long time since I wanted to get one but my current camera is still serving me 'really' well. If I remembered correctly, it was early last year or end 2006 when I went hunting for a digital SLR and fell in love with the Nikon D50 (no longer in production) and that was the biggest regret of not getting it then! Maybe the D60 is worth considering? We'll see! :D

8 comments:

Mabel Krieger said...

Love seeing your work again! Great pages!

That's a really cute present for a little girl.

Jessica said...

great LO's!

Agnes Tan said...

Glad to see you're back on SB track, Charlene.

I'm also trying to clear my old stash of pp. But 1st must hv pics and mojo. Both of which are MIA.

bp said...

Love the back-to-school memories you have put together so nicely!

When you have the time, pop over my blog, and check out a tag. It's entirely optional, of course, but always love to hear from you!

linda said...

Awesome layouts as usual! The school page is really nice.

Dee Dee said...

Love all the gorgeous pictures on your blog. The purple bag is gorgeous. :)

Crystal said...

LOVING the purple bag and scrappy-ness of it. Too cute. And a digital slr is TOTALLY on my must-talk-hubby-into list. I currently have a pretty good p&s myself, but an slr would be nice. I'd say your camera is serving you QUITE well, by the looks of your great pics!

Sri said...

Awesome LOs...
And guess what?
I tag you!!
http://colormyworld-sri.blogspot.com/2008/03/tags-and-layout.html#links