Tuesday, October 30, 2007

what's for saturday?

We will be holding a party for little missy’s 1st birthday this Sat. As much as I love to attend birthday parties, it is tedious to prepare for one. I think this is the only tradition we have - preparing goodie bags for the little kiddos who come to the party or if not, for the kids in school. Let’s see what I have done so far?

Note to Self:
Sourcing for buffet caterer – you better hurry!
Order birthday cake – you better hurry!
Party goodie bags – Checked!
Treats for the bags – Checked!
Finalizing the guest list – Checked!

Talk about last minute preparation huh?

Anyway, I've been wanting to make some personalize stuff for the party and so I decided to handmade the goodie bags. It’s sewing madness at rocket speed (they took me 5 hours!) over the weekend again. I am done with 15 drawstring pouches in linen with a square patch (using the cute japanese fabric) on the front. These bags are for the little guests coming on Saturday. I love making these goodie bags and bundle them with little treats. I know I can easily get the ready made party bags in the stores but nothing beats the personalized ones I guess. I hope the kiddos like what I've put up for them.

What’s inside the bag -
Japanese rice cracker, baby ball cookies, box of cereal, sunmaid raisins, mini stamp set, yogurt jellies

all 15 of them

21 comments:

Sri said...

Oh WOW! Your goodie bags look so nice. Better than mine. I just ordered mine off the internet! No time!!!

bp said...

I wanna come to little missy's party! Your goodie bags are so adorable!

melissa deakin said...

you are amazing!
these bags are just lovely!
how special to have a handmade bag filled with such wonderful treasures.
i hope everything went well!

Mel said...

ooh so nice!!

elaine said...

I LOVE the bags!! So lovely!! Wishing I was your daughter's friend now ....

Mabel Krieger said...

Holy cow!! These are the sweetest treat bags I have ever seen! You are just too nice!

evelyn said...

Hey, I'm coming, do one for me plsssss!!!

Lara said...

I want one, please!!!!!!

kai said...

Will I have one too??? *plssss*

Rashida said...

Those are the best little bags! And why wasn't I invited to this little party? Oh, I don't live in Singapore, riiiight. ^_^

pink-petal-designs said...

hey, i love these what a great idea, can i come too please??
Sarah x

Dallas said...

Those bags are so cute and fun little treats for the guests. I hope the party turns out great.

Steph J said...

Wow! these look fantastic! Lucky kids!

Jo said...

wow! nice bags! i believe those kids love it as you have put in a lot of hardwork. :)

Matroskin said...

I love the things you've made. What an inspiring blog. So many lovely things, I'm green with envy. And your children are such cute bunnies!

Anonymous said...

Where did u get the mini stamp set?

TIA
Xin

chicchicbaby said...

Very nice and thoughtful, the recipients are so lucky.

Scrappermania said...

Your goodie bags are just fantastic!

linda said...

You know I so wish I was there! Something I would love to receive from a home party!

Marr said...

Your goodies bag are awesome! So nice! :D

Marisa said...

I made goodie bags for our 2 yr old party and everybody loved them. Nice work on the ones you made here. I just added you to my sidebar, love your blog, I'll be back.