Wednesday, August 22, 2007

get that look

I love fabrics as much as I love patterned papers and so I used some fabrics on my layouts! Absolutely love the effect and how the fabric prints are looking on the page with more dimensions and textures. Especially the contrasting colors of the 'Chestnut branches' on the bookprint paper. This was my August DT assignment for MFM - a step by step instruction on how I go about creating my page to achieve that organized cluttering layering look.
Go
here for the full tutorial if you are keen. :)


2 of my favorites – lovin' these branches!

Don't you just love the huge Heidi Swapp playing card?
The completed layout - get that look.

It's hard to scan a 12x12 and the colors are looking richer irl.

Close up

7 comments:

mabel krieger said...

You seriouly rock the JD fabric and they look gorgeous on your page!

melissa deakin said...

oh charlene,
this is so gorgeous.
my, oh my, i am speechless.
the details are amazing
and i love that photo.
incredible work!

linda said...

This layout is stunning! I'm going to scraplift it, may I?

Irene said...

this is so nice. so full of details

Sylvie said...

Oh Charlene, you're just too talented!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I followed the link you gave to my favorite Memories but I can't find your tutorial :(

Charlene said...

Linda, sure scraplift it away! :)

Sylvie, go under Design Team Tips & Inspirations, my tutorial is there. Hope this helps!

mauri said...

This is gorgeous Charlene!

You look great as well!

Love everything