Monday, August 27, 2007

and I did it again

Weekend was good. The hubby ordered some Japanese food for our dinner as I'm lazy to cook! We had sushi and Japanese pizza which was really yummy with lots of mayo! I hate to think what to prepare for lunch and dinner. And with a 'anything' hubby, I often ended up preparing the same old dishes lol :P Fortunately the hubby is not fussy over food so I guess I'm lucky. :D

I did some sewing when big, little missy were having their afternoon nap. Some stuffs I made - another shirred tube top for big missy & a new quilt which I thought of hanging it on the wall as a fabric display panel.

happily munching her favorite snack


big smile from big missy.


Gotta love these fabric from Ikea - colors all inspired by
Yoshiko's simple quilt. I love simple modern contemporary quilt, not a fan of traditional quilt though. This book is definitely a good read if you like simple quilt. A lot of inspirations and good tips - tips on how to select, cut out prints from your favorite fabric and a lot more.


new quilt! -simple|contemporary, love the green & grey, the white linen, the graphical, linear prints.


little missy crawling out in action when I'm taking picture of my completed
quilt. :D



And oh, this is some exciting news! My new friend, R was featured over at decor8 just a few days ago! And best of all, it featured about our swap, how cool is that? She was just about to email me when I alerted her about it. She is a very nice friend to have! I love the blogging world where people are inspiring one another and sharing about their stuff and all the good findings!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW that quilt is AMAZING!! LOVE the colors, you make art woman!

corinnexxx

elaine said...

Lovely stuff - as always!! :)

rachel said...

where do u buy all that nice pretty cloth?

mabel krieger said...

Love your stuff! That quilt is very nice all pieced up looking gorgeous!

bp said...

Totally lovely, and your work is always so inspiring! I wish I could sew!

Sri said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Geez woman. Where did you have the time to work, manage 2 kids, scrap and sew?? Tell me your secret!

evelyn said...

My pretty of cos you did it again!! I love that quilt!

melissa deakin said...

oh my goodness, charlene.
that quilt is soooo gorgeous! i am in love with it. i just ordered yoshiko's book...looks amazing. i have never made a quilt before, but i am hoping to do it. i'm also hoping to get to an IKEA soon...i didn't realize they sold fabric. the closest one to me is in Canada...so it is an all day affair.
i hope all is well!

love.boxes said...

You are inspiring. Cute quilt and darling kidos! :)

SugarShop (Dena) said...

love the quilt and little missy looks adorable!!!

Christine said...

Hey Hun. I want to thank you for sharing your sweet new friend's blog. I love it and have bookmarked it for myself. I have forgotten how lovely fabric can really be..my poor drawers of fabric are so lonely.

Staci said...

Oh.My.Gosh.Girl!!!!
That quilt is absolutely WOW!!! LOVE the graphicness, the colors, the b&w stripe that you did the border with is gorgeous!! And your little cutie looks great in her new top! :)

Pound said...

thanks for stopping by my blog... it looks like we have tons of the same loves :P
your stuff is so good.

rashida said...

Japanese pizza! Yummy! I love it! I'm loving the quilt. Very, very cool. Next time you can make one with applique with the freezer paper I have for you! ^_^ ( I still can't believe our swap was on decor8....so cool)

Mandy said...

Hi Charlene, I found you through Rashida's blog and I love reading your blog too. Both of you are equally amazing and talented! I hope to see more of your work soon.
- Mandy