Monday, July 23, 2007

a dress for big missy

So I wanted to attempt this shirred dress by kukyideas for the longest time. I wanted to sew a simple dress (I did a halter here) for C's coming 3rd birthday. Yup, if it is presentable enough to wear in front of the guest! Since the days are drawing near, I better stitch up something. I quickly did this after the girls went to bed. It took me 1.5 hour to complete, the steps are really easy to comprehend. I like sewing this esp the shirring part and I will definitely do more when my new fabric arrives - little girls won't mind having more dresses. :) The fabric used was a vintage floral design bought from a local fabric store at a really low price!


Goodnight. Tll later...

3 comments:

Yummers! said...

Hi,
I read your posts for the first time, and I really enjoy your blog. Your children are adorable and the photo of the baby with the book is contest material! Love your fabric choices. I just went fabric shopping today. Can't wait to get up tomorrow and sew.
Joni Possin

~Sasha Farina~ said...

super cute! you're so talented!

linda said...

So pretty!! I wish to try this someday for my daughter.