Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Final layouts for the MFM gallery.
Lots of things I wanna do and get for the coming X'mas. Some of those on my wish list right now: a happy life, a holiday trip to Japan (shopping for more fabric and crafty stuff!), good health for the family, etc... Bits & pieces on this page by tearing, cutting, adding small embellishments together with the black and white border stickers and love elsie noel stickers which are my current faves.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
4 THINGS ABOUT ME - tagged by Rashida
Job's I've had:
School holiday jobs when I was a teenager - worked in Tangs Studio, Kenneth Cole, InWear Matinique (this label used to be quite popular in the early 90s in S'pore) I loved and enjoyed working in the retail fashion industry. Well, except for the long irregular hours. Also worked in Gleneagles hospital as a laboratory assistant. Now, an Engineer at work.
Places I've Lived:
Foods I Love:
Websites I Visit:
Ezines, home deco sites
Places I'd Rather Be:
Japan San Francisco
- One of the estates at PangKor Laut Resort. I stayed in one of the villas and it was a heavenly experience. Love their spa.
Movies I Love:Pretty Woman & Sabrina
TV Shows I Watch:
I’m not a TV person actually but I do follow
W H O . W A S . T H E. L A S T . P E R S O N - tagged by Agnes
1. You hung out with?: P & J
2. Saw you cry: Either I was alone or my hubby
3. Went to the movies with you?: Hubby
4. You went to the mall with?: P & J
5. You went to dinner with?: My colleagues, dinner at NYDC
6. You talked on the phone to?: Big missy
7. Said ‘I love you’ to you and really meant it? Big and little missy
8. Made you laugh?: Big missy
W O U L D . Y O U . R A T H E R?
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? Neither
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny
3. Drink whole or skim milk? Whole
4. Spend time with your parents or enemies? Parents
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Flowers or candy? Candy
2. Gray or black? Dark gray
3. Color or Black and white photos? Color
4. Lust or love? Love
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunset
6. M and Ms or Skittles? M&Ms
7. Staying up late or waking up early? Staying up late
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Sun or moon? Moon
2. Winter or Fall? Both
3. Left or right?: Right
4. 10 acquaintances or having two best friends?: Two best friends
5. Sunny or rainy?: Sunny
6. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream: Chocolate
A B O U T . Y O U
1. What time is it?: 1530 hrs
2. Nickname(s): Lene, Jubee, Basil....
3. What is your birth date?: 5 Aug
4. What do you want?: Too many but happiness and good health top the list
5. Where do you want to live?: Tokyo
6. How many kids do you want?: 2
7. You want to get married?: Yes
U N I Q U E
1. Nervous habit: None
2. Are you double jointed?: Nope
3. Can you roll your tongue?: Yes
4. Can you raise one eyebrow?: Yes
5. Can you cross your eyes?: Yes
6. Do you make your bed daily?: Only when I'm not rushing for time
7. Can you draw? Yes
R A N D O M
1. Which shoe goes on first? Right
2. Ever thrown a shoe at someone? Nope
F O O D
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Twirl
2. Have you ever eaten spam? Yes
3. Favourite ice cream: Macadamia brittle, Triple chocolate & Strawberry from Häagen-Dazs
4. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet? 1 - Nestles Honeystar and that’s for big missy
5. What’s your favourite beverage? Peach tea
6. Do you cook? Yes
IN . T H E . L A S T . M O N T H . H A V E . Y O U ?
1. Bought something - Yes
2. Sang - Yes, with big missy
3. Been hugged - Yes
4. Felt stupid - Yes
5. Missed someone - Yes
6. Danced crazy - Nope
7. Gotten your hair cut – Yes and permed
8. Cried - Yes
9. Lied - Yes
Thursday, December 06, 2007
For our baby sitter - she loves drawstring pouches. She's the most capable homemaker I've ever known. Modern, pretty and young looking 40-ish lady. Friends who met her will agree with me. We are so lucky to have her.
Monday, December 03, 2007
1. Everyday Life
2. Hard to Forget
4. Prince Charming
5. Open Heart
Thursday, November 22, 2007
So thankful for these:
1. A humourous, patient and supportive hubby.
2. Our 2 precious big and little missy.
3. My mother-in-law who is always so kind and understanding. We all love her home-cooked food.
4. Our baby sitter - a SUPER nanny. I don't know how she manage, she is taking care of four kids during the daytime. I never have to worry about leaving my girls under her care while I'm at work.
5. Keeping in touch with all my closest girlfriends from elementary school.
6. Being able to sustain my scrapbooking hobby till now and still loving it. No more 3-min fever thingy. :D
7. Taking up sewing and getting to know more talented and inspiring people.
Speaking of which, I have to mention a few of my favorite blogger friends - my daily reads. And, thanks for mentioning me in your posts too.
I heart linen - Rashida, my bestest blogger friend ever! So much to say about this girl. So talented! Though we are living in the opposite ends of the world but we make an effort to keep in touch via emails & yim. We feel like we have known each other for years! We can talk about our kids, families, work, craft ideas, passion, dreams & jokes. Just about anything under the sun!
Sri Sams - my online scrapbooking buddy! We're always up to something in the cyber world LOL.
BP - She is a great SAHM to her two boys. A role model. Vern is a really lucky man. :D
Quilt Otaku - New found blogger friend. Her quilting projects are amazing!
Melissa Deakin - I love her clean, classy scrapbooking style & her photography too. Have to try out that soft tree pattern very soon!
Lisa & Dena- These ladies make gorgeous bags, love them all!
Dallas - My fall swap partner and thanks for being so patient. I hope you get to see your package the moment you return from your trip.
In this package, I have included:
1. A grey, yellow & cream linen library tote made by me. I will post the rest of the pictures later
2. Ornament for the house - an owl on a little wooden tree
3. A small cylindrical box (love the tree design on the cover!)
4. Incense for aromatherapy
5. Pearls for making the bubble tea. Yum, my swap partner likes the bubble tea too! I've tried the Singapore, Korea and Taiwan version of bubble tea and seriously they tasted very much the same but I prefer Taiwan version better (I have a sweet tooth you see)
6. Japanese Miso soup to warm up the day.
7. Happy snacking - Pretz biscuit sticks.
Monday, November 19, 2007
I received my fall swap package just yesterday. In this swap, D sent me the following:
*A handmade tote.
*A handmade Dora bag for big missy!
* Bag of snacks.
* Scrapbooking pads –one of it with the Amy Butler design and the other with traditional fall colors.
*Aromatic drink coaster and some mulling spices – I really love this!
So nice to have Dallas as my swap partner, so thoughful of her to make a Dora tote for big missy!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
We are off to a 3 year old princess's party later, more fun play for the kiddos and catching up with girlfriends.
And here are the layouts for My Favorite Memories - the X'mas kit with lots of green & red.
Pride n' Joy
Bro-hood - another for BP. Love this picture of Jon and Ben.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
We didn't get to take many pictures of little missy as she was napping most of the time :D
J and her family arrived a lot earlier before the rest. And so the two mummies had a great time taking pictures of their elder ones.
Children in the playroom
The present #2 - wooden toy train
Big missy is trucking those little animal figurines from the cake.
The present #3
One of my favorite label from Hong Kong - KINGKOW! A little swimsuit for little missy (showing the little tummy) from Jas. Love this so much!
Dainty looking baby A
Chubby + bubbly baby J!